A worldwide network of funders focusing on drug repurposing has been established under the leadership of REMEDi4ALL partners ZonMw and Anticancer Fund. The network brings together all types of funders — philantropic, public, commercial or venture capital — willing to advance this field by sharing experiences and views on policy issues and exploring potential solutions.
The scope of this global network is to:
- facilitate collaboration among all types of funding entities and promote collaboration with research institutions and other stakeholders.
- reduce fragmentation of the drug repurposing funding landscape by supporting the alignment of research agendas, facilitating coordination of funding activities, and supporting joint calls.
- create innovative funding streams and explore viable business models.
- share best practices and learnings among funders.
- connect funders with investigators and projects that run through the REMEDi4ALL platform, including opportunities for joint funding.
- support high-impact & patient-centric project.
- enhance research quality.
- find solutions for funding barriers.
- advocate for policy changes at national and international levels, including changes in regulatory approval pathways, reimbursement and HTA processes.